Repository navigation
7.4 and 8.0 release planning #11126
Description
Activity
I like this plan
Unfortunately I'm not sure if i can manage to land the introduction of function definition and item definition within the intended time frame
Reacted by Asif Saif Uddin {"Auvi":"অভি"}Sounds great @bluetech.
You think it is worthwhile backporting #11125 and releaseJust saw your comment. 👍7.3.3? If you think so I can do it.Hi Team, (@nicoddemus / @RonnyPfannschmidt / @bluetech )
I am writing to inquire about the timeline for the minor releases of pytest 7.4.
Our team uses pytest to test our codebase and we are waiting on the bug-fixes forimportlibmainly a4d7254 and c71b5df.Can you please let us know when these bug-fixes will be released?
Hi @akhilramkee thanks for the ping.
I can take of this release; I want to also improve the deploy procedure to use the manual deploy mechanism we have used in
pytest-mockandpytest-xdist, if that's alright with you @RonnyPfannschmidt and @bluetech.@akhilramkee
7.4.1has been released to PyPI. 👍Thanks @nicoddemus!
OK, now that #11646 is in, we're ready to cut the 8.0.x branch and release 8.0.0rc1. I'll aim to do it by Tuesday (2024-01-02). (The main thing is to edit the release notes).
pytest 8.0.0rc1 is now available on PyPI for testing.
pytest 8.0.0rc2 was released a few days ago containing fixes to all known issues/regressions (correct me if I'm wrong).
My current plan is to release pytest 8.0.0 a week from now, Jan 27 (next Saturday).
Awesome, thanks @bluetech for leading this release!
8.0.0 is out!
Reacted by Pedro AlgarvioReacted by Pedro Algarvio
I have some pending breaking changes to pytest, that can't really go through a deprecation cycle. Things like:
__init__.pyto collect just the module, not the entire package (python: changepytest pkg/__init__.pyto only collect the__init__.pyModule #11042)Packageto not be aModule(How should package collection work? #7777 (comment))Directory/Dirnodes (How should package collection work? #7777 (comment))I'd like to include these changes in the next major release, 8.0.
But before that, I suggest we release 7.4 with what we have already.
I can manage these releases.
Proposal: